- Dr Fisher discusses the ‘Biggest problem facing public health:
– Multimorbidity, polypharmacy, antimicrobial resistance and adverse drug reactions
- He also says that homeopathy is not against vaccinations and that Hahnemann was for vaccinations
- Scotland study – Multimorbidity is common – from the age of 65 it is very common. He says the solution is to decrease diseases and treat the person and not the disease.
- Areas to target: Respiratory tract infections, musculoskeletal pain, mental health
- Antibacterial Resistance: Huge costs and enormous amounts of deaths
- Adverse drug reactions in US: Cause of 4.6% of deaths, top 5 causes of death, hospitalized 6.5%, Causing prolonged hospital stays (costing US$3.5bn/year)
- Polypharmacy: 40% of US over 65, 12% take 10 or more daily, 51% of European care home residents take 6 or more
- Randomized controlled trials of homeopathy:
– May 2015: 1117 clinical trials of homeopathy
– 298 randomized controlled trials
– 45% positive, 45% inconclusive, <10% negative
- 5 Systematic reviews/meta – analyses of homeopathy as a whole
– 4 positive
– 1 negative
– Positive for specific conditions such as allergies and upper respiratory tract infections
See below video:
If you liked the information on this page you may also enjoy our free weekly newsletter, full of world news on homeopathy. Subscribe to it at: http://mad.ly/signups/46424/join.
Note: All information we provide and comments we make are from the homeopathic perspective. They are not necessarily endorsed by sectors of some governments, medico-pharmaceutical groups, “skeptic” organisations or those unfamiliar with homeopathy. Comments, references or links posted by others on this page may not reflect the opinion of Homeopathy Plus and so should not be seen as an endorsement or recommendation by Homeopathy Plus. Please see a trusted healthcare practitioner for advice on health problems. Further information about the purpose of our material may be read in our disclaimer.