Twenty-five years later, she tells what happened, why she should now be in a wheelchair and how homeopathy helps her to live an active and healthy life.
This video, produced by the British Homeopathic Association, shows why homeopathy should be fully integrated into healthcare systems of every country so that everyone, not just the wealthy, has access to homeopathic treatment. This is especially true in the UK where the Government is currently under pressure to remove homeopathy from its NHS.
A summary of this video and further significances of Lauren’s story can be found at the bottom of this page.
- Lauren was diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis at the age of two.
- Her parents, concerned about the strength and side-effects of conventional drugs, took her to see a homeopath. With treatment, the disease and swelling in her fingers settled.
- At physiotherapy Lauren noticed she was doing better than the other children with rheumatoid arthritis who were still being treated with the strong drugs she had avoided – she had lots of energy while the medications they took seemed to make them slower.
- Homoeopathy didn’t cure Lauren’s disease but confined it to those initial four joints. During her high school years, Lauren says it was as if the rheumatoid arthritis had gone.
- On going to college, the rheumatoid arthritis flared again. This time, instead of treating it with homeopathy as her parents had, Lauren decided to use conventional treatment.
- Within 10 months, her liver was damaged, the arthritis had spread from four joints to every joint in her body, her hair had fallen out and she was in a wheelchair.
- At that point, Lauren decided to go back to homoeopathy and was treated by doctors and nurses at the The Royal London Hospital of Integrated Medicine.
- Lauren’s rheumatologist was shocked by her improvement. When a bone density scan revealed that her bones were much stronger than they should have been for her disease, he advised her to continue with homeopathic treatment even though he himself didn’t practice it.
What Does This Video Tell Us?
Lauren’s experience clearly shows the differences between conventional (allopathic) and homeopathic treatment.
When the body is unwell, it’s symptoms produce a picture for the observant person of how it is trying to heal.
When a medicine is given that mimics those symptoms and so supports its efforts, real gains are achieved achieved. This is the benefit of the ‘like treat like’ approach of homeopathy, and this is what happened when Lauren’s parents first took her to a homeopath.
In contrast, conventional medicines are terrific at suppressing symptoms but work against what the body is trying to achieve. The cost of their ongoing suppression is deteriorating health and the risk of dangerous side-effects – true healing never takes place.
Fortunately for Lauren, recovery was still possible.
By stopping the treatment that hindered her body’s self-healing efforts and replacing it with an approach that supported those efforts, health was restored and the damaging effects of toxic drugs avoided.
We wish Lauren, the British Homeopathic Association, and UK homeopathy well, and thank Lauren for sharing her story.
If you liked the information on this page you may also enjoy our regular newsletter, full of information, news, discounts, and offers. Subscribe here.