Common Name: Night-blooming cereus.
A significant remedy for severe constricting, contracting or congestive pains, especially in the heart, bladder, rectum, vagina, or uterus. These pains are triggered or worsened by the slightest touch. This remedy may also be indicated when a trio of complaints are present – indigestion, haemorrhoids and heart problems. There may tingling and crawling down the left arm and the hand may swell. The person may also have regular dreams of falling. Symptoms often worsen at 10-11pm.
- Sadness with heart disease.
- Facial pains with throbbing in the temples – especially the right temple.
- Severe constricting pains in chest or diaphragm – “as if grabbed by an iron fist”.
- May feel as if caged in wire or by a tight metal band.
- The heart may feel as if it is bound in an iron band or as though it is being clutched and released.
- Constrictive asthma with heart disease.
- Renal colic with bloody or clotted urine.
Female and Menstrual Problems
- Vaginismus – constriction of the vagina making intercourse difficult or impossible.
- Severe constricting menstrual pain with the passing of clots.
Where do I find it?
Cactus grandifloras (Cact.) is available from our online store as a single, and in the following Complex (combination remedy): Cramp – Menstrual.
While above self-limiting, acute complaints are suitable for home treatment, see your healthcare provider if symptoms worsen or fail to improve. Chronic or persistent complaints, which may or may not be mentioned in the above information, require a different treatment and dosage protocol so are best managed by a qualified homeopath for good results.
Dosage Instructions (suitable for babies to adults)
Take one pill or five drops of the remedy every 1 minute (especially in the case of chest pain) to 4 hours (1 minute for intense symptoms, 4 hours for milder ones). Once an improvement is noticed, stop dosing and repeat the remedy only if symptoms return. If there is no improvement at all by three doses, choose a different remedy or seek professional guidance.