Research and Paywalls: Homeopathy Plus regularly reports on homeopathic research, past and present, but we can’t link to complete research papers if they are behind a journal paywall - we can only provide a summary and abstract. If you wish to access a full paper from behind a paywall, please click on the link provided for the publisher’s purchase options.
- Jeremy Sherr has been a homeopath for 33 years.
- He is also an author, researcher and a homeopathic teacher with a postgraduate course that has been running since 1987.
- One of Sherr’s main areas of interest is that of homeopathic provings, which involves discovering the nature of homeopathic remedies – new and old.
- He experiments on healthy volunteers to uncover the symptoms a remedy causes because, based on the principle of ‘like cures like’, what a remedy causes it can also cure.
- The volunteers, usually numbering 10-20, take the remedy in a double-blind placebo-controlled experiment (Sherr usually takes the remedy as well) and then they observe the range of physical and mental-emotional symptoms that develop.
- These symptoms are then collated into a ‘picture’ to understand what that remedy can achieve in clinical practice.
- Sherr has proved 35 remedies, from animals, to the elements, noble gases, and many more.
- He has also conducted research to see if the symptoms of old provings can still be validated, today.
Further information on provings is available at: Tutorial 6 – Provings