- The atopic diseases of asthma, hay fever and eczema are the most common chronic diseases experienced by children.
- In recent decades, asthma and allergy have reached epidemic proportions in most Western societies.
- Studies indicate that half of those with atopic diseases try alternative treatments. Homeopathy is the commonly used therapy for children.
- This longitudinal study conducted by doctors at a homeopathic clinic of a Lucca (Italy) hospital clinic studied the results of homeopathic treatment for 325 children with an atopic disease.
- The study ran between 1998 to 2014.
- 78.5% of children either went back to normal or had a moderate to major improvement in their condition.
- with long-term followup, 70.1% of children went on to complete remission.
Elio Rossi, Marco Picchi, Paola Bartoli, Marialessandra Panozzo, Chiara Cervino, Linda Nurra
To study the outcomes of atopic diseases in children treated with homeopathy at the Homeopathic Clinic of Lucca (Italy) and related long-term results after approximately an 8-year period.
Materials and Methods
Our data derive from an observational longitudinal study carried out on 857 pediatric patients who consecutive visited from 1998 to 2014. Children with atopic diseases were 325 (37.9%), 126 (39%) suffered from atopic dermatitis, 72 (22%) from allergic rhinitis, and 127 (39%) from asthma. Moreover, a long-term study was conducted on a subset of 107/165 patients, consecutively visited from 1998 to 2006, and with ≥5 years follow-up. The study also investigated the evolution of overall symptoms in those patients with a complex atopic symptomatology.
75.8% of atopic children had moderate or major improvement (67.1% with asthma as the primary disease; 84.2% rhinitis; 84.2% dermatitis). At re-evaluation after 5-10 years, complete remission of atopic symptoms was obtained in 70.1% of the children: 84.2% in dermatitis; 48.1% in allergic rhinitis; 71.4% in asthma. Children with two or three atopic diseases at the first visit were completely cured in 40% of cases.
The results seem to confirm that homeopathic medicine produces positive therapeutic response in atopic children.
Full Paper Purchase: Homeopathic therapy in pediatric atopic diseases: short- and long-term results
If you liked the information on this page you may also enjoy our regular newsletter, full of information, news, discounts, and offers. Subscribe here.
Comments are moderated and may take up to 24 hours to appear.
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.