Melanoma is an aggressive form of skin cancer. While it accounts for less than 5% of all skin cancer cases it is responsible for a large percentage of skin cancer deaths. It’s the fastest growing of all cancer groups and worldwide is increasing in incidence.
Surviving melanoma largely depends on how quickly it is detected and excised. To date, the best chance of cure comes from the early surgical removal of thin tumours. Once the melanoma has spread (metastasised) or thickened, survival rates plummet.
Normal chemotherapeutic options for this type of cancer are limited and associated with side effects such as bone marrow damage, haematological disorders, and nausea or vomiting.
With these problems in mind, Brazilian researchers investigated the effects a complex (mixture) of homeopathic remedies on cancer cells. Their research showed it:
1. Prevented melanoma and bowel cancer cells from invading or sticking to the cells and tissues that surrounded them,
2. Improved the immune system’s ability to kill cancer cells,
3. Caused cancerous melanoma tumours to shrink or become dormant
This complex was tested repeatedly in both in vivo tests (using laboratory animals) and in in vitro tests using melanoma and colon cancer cells.
The paper on this research can be read at: In vitro and in vivo anticancer properties of a Calcarea carbonica derivative complex (M8) treatment in a murine melanoma model
Homeopathy Plus Comment.
Homeopathy is a safe and non-toxic system of medicine but it does require serious study and application if it is to be practised well.
While this research has the potential of exciting changes for melanoma sufferers it would be misleading to think that one complex will produce the same encouraging results across all.
Homeopathy does its best work when treatment is tailored to the unique symptoms of each sufferer. This is because:
- Complexes offer a limited ‘cookie cutter’ approach not suited to all because of the potential variation in symptoms from one sufferer to the next – remedies other than those listed in the studied complex may help some but not others.
- Remedies included in a Complex that are not needed by a sufferer will increase their risk of an aggravation from those remedies with each dose given. (More about aggravations can be read at: What To Expect)
- Complexes do not allow the prescriber to change the potencies or remedies as needed to match the changing symptoms of sufferer – treatment that starts well may not continue in the same way.
But, this research still brings good news and useful information. If you wish to use homeopathy as part of your treatment strategy, please discuss the matter with your healthcare provider and seek the services of a qualified homeopath who has an interest in this area
If you liked the information on this page you may also enjoy our free weekly newsletter, full of world news on homeopathy. Subscribe to it at: http://mad.ly/signups/46424/join.
Note: All information we provide and comments we make are from the homeopathic perspective. They are not necessarily endorsed by sectors of some governments, medico-pharmaceutical groups, “skeptic” organisations or those unfamiliar with homeopathy. Comments, references or links posted by others on this page may not reflect the opinion of Homeopathy Plus and so should not be seen as an endorsement or recommendation by Homeopathy Plus. Please see a trusted healthcare practitioner for advice on health problems. Further information about the purpose of our material may be read in our disclaimer.