Common Names: Marking nut; semecarpus anarcardium.
Anacardium orientale (Anac.) is remedy of inner conflict and contradictory states. The person needing Anacardium may be one of two mental-emotional types:
- Unfeeling, heartless, malicious, cruel, hateful, godless, and cursing.
- Helpless, pleading, hopeless with a feeling of worthlessness.
Anacardium’s physical symptoms involve types of eczema and rashes or sensations of a blunt plug in body parts such as joints, stomach or rectum. Sensations of a band around a body part also occur. Patches of numbness on the skin or faintness may be experienced, and weakness when ascending stairs. Some experience the unusual symptom of seeing other people’s faces in a mirror but not their own.
Symptoms tend to disappear on eating but worsen with mental exertion or stress.
- Lack of confidence.
- A feeling of inferiority with efforts to prove or justify themselves.
- Easily offended or angered by contradiction
- Irresistible desire to swear
- Weakness of memory
- Poor sense of reality – things feel like a dream.
- Confused identity – as if being two people with different wills or desires, one good and one bad.
Gastrointestinal (Digestive) Problems
- Gastritis and abdominal pain relieved by eating.
- Itching eczema relieved by hot water – as hot as can be stood.
- Poison ivy reactions with tremendous itching relieved by scalding water. (Typical mental-emotional symptoms may not be present with this contact allergy rash)
Where do I find it?
While above self-limiting or acute complaints are suitable for home treatment see your healthcare provider if symptoms worsen or fail to improve. Chronic or persistent complaints, which may or may not be mentioned above, require a different treatment and dosage protocol so are best managed by a qualified homeopath for good results.
Dosage Instructions (suitable for babies to adults)
For acute and self-limiting complaints, take one pill or five drops of the remedy every 1 to 4 hours (1 hour for intense symptoms, 4 hours for milder ones). Once an improvement is noticed, stop dosing and repeat the remedy only if symptoms return. If there is no improvement at all by three doses, choose a different remedy or seek professional guidance. Chronic symptoms or complaints require a course of professional treatment to manage the changes in potencies and remedies that will be required.
If you liked the information on this page you may also enjoy our regular newsletter, full of information, news, discounts, and offers. Subscribe here.