Common Names: Crude antimony; stibnite.
Anitmonium Crudum (Ant-c.) suits children who are irritable and easily angered when looked at or touched. It also suits soft, sentimental, poetic, and romantic adults (who may also dislike being touched) when other symptoms also fall under the Ant-c. profile. The symptoms of both types tend to worsen with moonlight and overeating. The person is prone to obesity and overheats easily. Digestive issues are common and often accompany other health complaints. The tongue may have a thick, white coating – “like snow”. Splitting, cracking, thickening, and callouses occur with skin and nails.
Mental Emotional Symptoms
- Sulky and easily angered children who don’t want to speak, be spoken to, or touched.
- Soft, sentimental or romantic adults affected by moonlight and attracted to poetry.
- Dislike of being touched.
Abdominal and Digestive Complaints
- Health complaints accompanied by digestive disturbances.
- Thickly coated, white tongue – “like snow”.
- Large appetite with a tendency to overeat.
- Complaints from overeating.
- Craving for cucumbers, pickles, or acidic foods.
Skin and Nail Complaints
- Painful callouses or plantar warts.
- Thickened, cracked skin.
- Sticky discharges from skin – like honey.
- Thickened or split nails.
- Chickenpox or impetigo eruptions (when other symptoms also match the Ant-c. profile).
Where do I find it?
Antimonium Crudum (Ant-c.) is available from our online store as a single remedy.
While above self-limiting or acute complaints are suitable for home treatment, see your healthcare provider if symptoms worsen or fail to improve. Chronic or persistent complaints, which may or may not be mentioned above, require a different treatment and dosage protocol so are best managed by a qualified homeopath for good results.
Dosage Instructions (suitable for babies to adults)
For acute and self-limiting complaints, take one pill or five drops of the remedy every 1 to 4 hours (1 hour for intense symptoms, 4 hours for milder ones). Once an improvement is noticed, stop dosing and repeat the remedy only if symptoms return. If there is no improvement at all by three doses, choose a different remedy or seek professional guidance. Chronic symptoms or complaints require a course of professional treatment to manage the changes in potencies and remedies that will be required.
If you liked the information on this page you may also enjoy our regular newsletter, full of information, news, discounts, and offers. Subscribe here.