Common Names: Horse chestnut; conker tree.
Aesculus Hippocastanum (Aesc.) is a remedy for venous congestion and sluggish circulation with a feeling of fullness or heaviness. Varicose veins or haemorrhoids will be present. The portal circulation may be affected and occasionally, enlarged veins in the back of the throat will be seen.
The person may complain that the rectum feels dry, raw, or burn and the sensation of “sticks in the rectum” is a defining symptom.
Symptoms tend to worsen during or after sleep and improve with vigorous exercise, vivid conversation or intense thinking.
Gastrointestinal (Digestive) Problems
- Haemorrhoids – large, painful, internal or protruding.
- Pain from haemorrhoids that radiates to the small of the back or hips.
- Discomfort or pain as if the rectum is full of sharp needles or sticks.
- Lower back pain in the lumbar, sacral, or sacro-iliac region – either from arthritis or the referred pain of haemorrhoids.
- Back pain that is worse for walking and stooping, or rising from a seat.
- Sciatic pain worsened by walking, stooping or rising from a seat.
- Varicose veins with fullness and heaviness.
Where do I find it?
Aesculus Hippocastanum (Aesc.) is available from our online store as a single remedy in either pills or liquid.
While above self-limiting or acute complaints are suitable for home treatment, also contact your healthcare provider during emergency situations or if symptoms worsen or fail to improve. Chronic or persistent complaints, which may or may not be mentioned above, require a different treatment and dosage protocol so are best managed by a qualified homeopath for good results.
Dosage Instructions (suitable for babies to adults)
For acute and self-limiting complaints, take one pill or five drops of the remedy every 1 to 4 hours (1 hour for intense symptoms, 4 hours for milder ones). Once an improvement is noticed, stop dosing and repeat the remedy only if symptoms return. If there is no improvement at all by three doses, choose a different remedy or seek professional guidance. Chronic symptoms or complaints require a course of professional treatment to manage the changes in potencies and remedies that will be required.
If you liked the information on this page you may also enjoy our regular newsletter, full of information, news, discounts, and offers. Subscribe here.
No Comments »
Comments are moderated and may take up to 24 hours to appear.
No comments yet.
Leave a comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.