Common Names: Agaricus mushroom; Fly agaric fungus
Agaricus is a remedy for twitches, jerks, tics, cramps, spasms, and even types of neurodegenerative disorders and convulsions. Movements are likely to be Involuntary, exaggerated and awkward. Symptoms worsen before thunderstorms and after sexual intercourse. The person will be anxious about their own health and fear cancer but will happily be near or help other sick people. They often complain of being chilly and are sensitive to cold air. Children will develop slowly and have delayed milestones of walking and talking. They will also be hyperactive, clumsy and lack awareness of danger.
- Dullness of mind, laziness and lack of motivation in the morning.
- Anxiety about health with an extreme fear of cancer.
- Excited and ecstatic states.
- Clumsy awkward children who are fearless of climbing, running, etc. ‘Dare-devils’.
- Restlessness with poor focus or comprehension.
- Spasms or twitching of eyelids.
- Involuntary movement of eyes – like a pendulum.
- Twitching or spasms of face. Grimaces.
- Types of Bell’s palsy.
- Burning and itching of skin – as if frostbitten.
- Sensation of hot or icy cold needles sticking into skin.
- Clumsiness and awkwardness. Ataxia.
- Twitching or trembling of muscles.
- Severe low back pain and sciatica.
- Back pain worsened by sitting and improved when lying.
Where do I find it?
While above self-limiting or acute complaints are suitable for home treatment, see your healthcare provider if symptoms worsen or fail to improve. Chronic or persistent complaints, which may or may not be mentioned above, require a different treatment and dosage protocol so are best managed by a qualified homeopath for good results.
Dosage Instructions (suitable for babies to adults)
For acute and self-limiting complaints, take one pill or five drops of the remedy every 1 to 4 hours (1 hour for intense symptoms, 4 hours for milder ones). Once an improvement is noticed, stop dosing and repeat the remedy only if symptoms return. If there is no improvement at all by three doses, choose a different remedy or seek professional guidance. Chronic symptoms or complaints require a course of professional treatment to manage the changes in potencies and remedies that will be required.
If you liked the information on this page you may also enjoy our regular newsletter, full of information, news, discounts, and offers. Subscribe here.