Common Names: Socotrine aloes.
Aloe Socotrina is prepared from a plant common in East and South Africa. It’s a remedy that suits symptoms associated with irritable bowel, ulcerative colitis, or portal congestion (raised blood pressure in the portal and other veins draining into the liver). The abdomen may feel full, dragging, congested, hot or burning. Urging or involuntary stools (bowel motions) are common and the person may pass urine and faeces at the same time. They may dream of soiling themselves or have an unusual sensation of “a plug” within the body.
Mental Emotional Symptoms
- Dissatisfied and irritable, especially with the discomfort or pain.
Abdominal and Digestive Complaints
- Spastic or ulcerative colitis.
- Pains in the abdomen before passing a stool (bowel motion).
- Sudden urging for stool – may drive out of bed in morning.
- Urgent stool at 5am.
- Diarrhoea in early morning.
- Involuntary or unnoticed stool on passing flatus (wind or gas).
- Stools mixed with jelly-like mucus.
- Weakness after the stool.
- Swollen and congested haemorrhoids.
- Haemorrhoids like “bunches of grapes”.
- Hot flatulence.
- Portal congestion. Venous congestion with heavy dragging.
- Congestive, pressing headache, above eyes and relieved by cold compresses.
- Congestive headaches worsened by heat.
- Headache alternating with lower back pain.
Where do I find it?
While above self-limiting or acute complaints are suitable for home treatment, also contact your healthcare provider during emergency situations or if symptoms worsen or fail to improve. Chronic or persistent complaints, which may or may not be mentioned above, require a different treatment and dosage protocol so are best managed by a qualified homeopath for good results.
Dosage Instructions (suitable for babies to adults)
For acute and self-limiting complaints, take one pill or five drops of the remedy every 1 to 4 hours (1 hour for intense symptoms, 4 hours for milder ones). Once an improvement is noticed, stop dosing and repeat the remedy only if symptoms return. If there is no improvement at all by three doses, choose a different remedy or seek professional guidance. Chronic symptoms or complaints require a course of professional treatment to manage the changes in potencies and remedies that will be required.
If you liked the information on this page you may also enjoy our regular newsletter, full of information, news, discounts, and offers. Subscribe here.
Comments are moderated and may take up to 24 hours to appear.
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.