Common Names: European daisy; English daisy; common daisy; lawn daisy.
Bellis Perennis (Bell-p.) is similar to Arnica montana (Arn.) in that it is a useful remedy for bruises, sprains, and injuries. The pains feel bruised and sore, and may be relieved by movement and rubbing the affected area. It’s a remedy to consider when Arnica fails to help.
Bell-p. is used for pain from trauma and bruising to the deeper tissues during surgery, especially of the abdomen and pelvic area, and aids in recovery. It’s also useful for swelling following injury or surgery, especially if Arnica montana hasn’t helped.
The person needing Bell-p. may experience ailments from rapid chilling by cold air, cold drinks, or getting wet, when hot. They may also crave pickled foods.
Abdomen and Pelvic Area
• Injury, surgical wounds, or abscesses of the abdomen or pelvic area.
• Soreness of the abdominal wall during pregnancy.
• Pain and injury of the pelvic organs following childbirth.
• Types of dysmenorrhoea with intense sore, bruised pains.
• Breast cancer following injury to the breast.
• Bruising and haematomas following blows or injuries to the limbs.
• Sprains with bruising, stiffness and coldness.
• Types of rheumatism especially in older people and those who ‘overwork’.
• Injuries to the coccyx (tailbone).
• Abscesses with bruising or bruised, sore pains.
Where do I find it?
While above self-limiting or acute complaints are suitable for home treatment also contact your healthcare provider during emergency situations or if symptoms worsen or fail to improve. Chronic or persistent complaints, which may or may not be mentioned above, require a different treatment and dosage protocol so are best managed by a qualified homeopath for good results.
Dosage Instructions (suitable for babies to adults)
For the home treatment of acute and self-limiting complaints take one pill or five drops of the remedy every 1 minute to 4 hours (1 minute for intense or emergency symptoms (plus seek emergency help), 4 hours for milder ones). Once an improvement is noticed, stop dosing and repeat the remedy only if symptoms return. If there is no improvement at all by three doses, choose a different remedy or seek professional guidance.
Note: Chronic symptoms or complaints require a course of professional treatment by a qualified homeopath to manage the changes in potencies and remedies that may be required.
If you liked the information on this page you may also enjoy our regular newsletter, full of information, news, discounts, and offers. Subscribe here.
Comments are moderated and may take up to 24 hours to appear.
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.