Common Name: Bromine.
Bromium (Brom.) is remedy for health problems that affect the larynx and respiratory tract, and to a lesser degree, the glands. Complaints, especially of the glands, are more likely to be worse on the left side of the body. Dust and smoke allergies are common, and symptoms frequently improve on or by the sea. The person needing Bromium is affected by warm weather, overheats easily, and is often fair-skinned with blonde hair.
- Frequently feel as if someone is behind them.
Ear, Nose, and Throat
- Colds that start in the larynx and move upwards to the nose and sinuses.
- Hoarseness and aphonia (loss of voice).
- Dry, spasmodic, croupy cough.
- Hoarse, tickling cough – especially when overheated.
- Colds that come on after perspiration from overheating.
- Summer colds and complaints.
- Asthma relieved by the seaside.
- Asthma in sailors when they leave the sea.
Glands and Lymphatics
- Swelling of glands with stony-hardness.
- Glandular swelling worse on the left side.
- Swelling of the parotid or submaxillary gland.
- Swelling or nodules of the thyroid gland.
Where Do I Find It?
Bromium (Brom..) is available from our online store as a single remedy in either pill or liquid form.
While above self-limiting or acute complaints are suitable for home treatment, also contact your healthcare provider during emergency situations or if symptoms worsen or fail to improve. Chronic or persistent complaints, which may or may not be mentioned above, require a different treatment and dosage protocol so are best managed by a qualified homeopath for good results.
Dosage Instructions (suitable for babies to adults)
For acute and self-limiting complaints, take one pill or five drops of the remedy every 2 to 4 hours (2 hours for intense symptoms, 4 hours for milder ones). Once an improvement is noticed, stop dosing and repeat the remedy only if symptoms return. If there is no improvement at all by three doses, choose a different remedy or seek professional guidance. Chronic symptoms or complaints require a course of professional treatment to manage the changes in potencies and remedies that will be required.
If you liked the information on this page you may also enjoy our regular newsletter, full of information, news, discounts, and offers. Subscribe here.