Common Name: Bromine.
Bromium (Brom.) is remedy for health problems that affect the larynx and respiratory tract, and to a lesser degree, the glands. Complaints, especially of the glands, are more likely to be worse on the left side of the body. Dust and smoke allergies are common, and symptoms frequently improve on or by the sea. The person needing Bromium is affected by warm weather, overheats easily, and is often fair-skinned with blonde hair.
- Frequently feel as if someone is behind them.
Ear, Nose, and Throat
- Colds that start in the larynx and move upwards to the nose and sinuses.
- Hoarseness and aphonia (loss of voice).
- Dry, spasmodic, croupy cough.
- Hoarse, tickling cough – especially when overheated.
- Colds that come on after perspiration from overheating.
- Summer colds and complaints.
- Asthma relieved by the seaside.
- Asthma in sailors when they leave the sea.
Glands and Lymphatics
- Swelling of glands with stony-hardness.
- Glandular swelling worse on the left side.
- Swelling of the parotid or submaxillary gland.
- Swelling or nodules of the thyroid gland.
Where Do I Find It?
Bromium (Brom..) is available from our online store as a single remedy in either pill or liquid form.
While above self-limiting or acute complaints are suitable for home treatment, see your healthcare provider if symptoms worsen or fail to improve. Chronic or persistent complaints, which may or may not be mentioned above, require a different treatment and dosage protocol so are best managed by a qualified homeopath for good results.
Dosage Instructions (suitable for babies to adults)
For acute and self-limiting complaints, take one pill or five drops of the remedy every 2 to 4 hours (2 hours for intense symptoms, 4 hours for milder ones). Once an improvement is noticed, stop dosing and repeat the remedy only if symptoms return. If there is no improvement at all by three doses, choose a different remedy or seek professional guidance.
If you liked the information on this page you may also enjoy our free weekly newsletter, full of world news on homeopathy. Subscribe to it at: http://mad.ly/signups/46424/join.
Note: All information we provide and comments we make are from the homeopathic perspective. They are not necessarily endorsed by sectors of some governments, medico-pharmaceutical groups, “skeptic” organisations or those unfamiliar with homeopathy. Comments, references or links posted by others on this page may not reflect the opinion of Homeopathy Plus and so should not be seen as an endorsement or recommendation by Homeopathy Plus. Please see a trusted healthcare practitioner for advice on health problems. Further information about the purpose of our material may be read in our disclaimer.