Common Names: Fluoride of lime; calcium fluoride; fluospar.
The musculoskeletal, glandular and venous systems are the main focus of this remedy. Ailments involve fibrous or stony-hard growths that involve glands, tonsils, adenoids, breast nodules, bones (exostoses), veins or haemorrhoids (piles). The ligaments of joints are often loose so that the person easily perform contortions or ‘acrobatic’ movements. It’s a common remedy for gymnasts, dancers. Those needing this remedy are often quick in thought and movement but are often described as chaotic, irregular or ineffective. Their symptoms worsen during cold and damp weather and on first movement. They improve with continued motion and warmth or on eating. Discharges (nasal, leukorrhoea, ear, etc) may be grass-green in colour. This remedy is also useful for radiation burns when symptoms suit.
- Mistakes from quick but ineffective, irregular and chaotic thoughts.
- Fear of poverty – obsessive concern about money matters.
Ear, Nose and Throat
- Stony-hard adenoids.
- Hard deposits on ear drum which affect hearing.
- Deficient enamel on teeth which crumble, break or decay easily.
- Scoliosis (curvature of spine). Spurs on vertebrae.
- Lumbago on initial movement but improves on continued movement.
- Stiff and painful neck.
- Stony-hard swelling.
- Scar tissue (adhesions) after operations.
- Hard uterine fibroids.
- Varicose and enlarged veins.
- Looseness of ligaments. Over-extension of joints resulting in sprains.
- Cramps in calves at night.
- Arthritic nodules or spurs on joints, including finger joints.
Where do I find it?
While above self-limiting or acute complaints are suitable for home treatment, also contact your healthcare provider during emergency situations or if symptoms worsen or fail to improve. Chronic or persistent complaints, which may or may not be mentioned above, require a different treatment and dosage protocol so are best managed by a qualified homeopath for good results.
Dosage Instructions (suitable for babies to adults)
For acute and self-limiting complaints, take one pill or five drops of the remedy every 1 to 4 hours (1 hour for intense symptoms, 4 hours for milder ones). Once an improvement is noticed, stop dosing and repeat the remedy only if symptoms return. If there is no improvement at all by three doses, choose a different remedy or seek professional guidance. Chronic symptoms or complaints require a course of professional treatment to manage the changes in potencies and remedies that will be required.
Tags: calcarea fluorica
If you liked the information on this page you may also enjoy our regular newsletter, full of information, news, discounts, and offers. Subscribe here.
Comments are moderated and may take up to 24 hours to appear.
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.