Common Names: Cayenne pepper; chilli.
Capsicum Annuum (Caps.) is a remedy for sadness, nostalgia, and homesickness. Those who need it may flush easily and have a tendency to obesity, flabbiness and clumsiness.
Pains are burning or smarting in nature, are often accompanied by chilliness, are worsened by cold air or drafts, and mostly involve the mucous membranes of eyes, nose, mouth, throat, or anus, especially on the left side. Kidneys may also be affected.
A strong liking for stimulants, pepper, coffee, or alcohol is common.
- Sadness or depression – can become suicidal.
- Nostalgia – longing for the past.
- Ailments after moving house or changing countries.
- Dislike change to the daily routine.
- Laziness or lack of motivation.
- Indifferent to cleanliness.
- Red or flushed cheeks.
- Reddened face with dilated or broken blood vessels.
- Watering of eyes during cough.
- Chronic middle ear infection (otitis media) that may involve the mastoid bone (mastoiditis).
- Chronic discharges from the ear with burning pains.
- Cough, including whooping cough, that causes the eyes to water.
- Cough causes pain in distant parts of the body.
Rectum and Anus
- Haemorrhoids with burning pain and a flushed face.
Where do I find it?
While above self-limiting or acute complaints are suitable for home treatment, see your healthcare provider if symptoms worsen or fail to improve. Chronic or persistent complaints, which may or may not be mentioned above, require a different treatment and dosage protocol so are best managed by a qualified homeopath for good results.
Dosage Instructions (suitable for babies to adults)
For acute and self-limiting complaints, take one pill or five drops of the remedy every 1 to 4 hours (1 hour for intense symptoms, 4 hours for milder ones). Once an improvement is noticed, stop dosing and repeat the remedy only if symptoms return. If there is no improvement at all by three doses, choose a different remedy or seek professional guidance. Chronic symptoms or complaints require a course of professional treatment to manage the changes in potencies and remedies that will be required.
If you liked the information on this page you may also enjoy our regular newsletter, full of information, news, discounts, and offers. Subscribe here.