Common Names: Chamomile; camomile.
Those needing Chamomilla (Cham.) are abnormally sensitive to ailments or pain. The pain feels unbearable and they respond with irritability and anger. Their complaints will be hostile, accusing and vehement. Anger or coffee / tea may also trigger pain. Children needing Chamomilla are hard to please and reject attempts to comfort or appease them. They cling and want to be carried, responding with anger or tantrums when put down. They may also kick, hit, or arch their back and scream angrily with earaches, teething or colic. One cheek may be red and the other pale.
Gastrointestinal / Digestive Problems
- Colic, especially in infants who arch their back with the crying.
- Colic worsened by anger or irritation.
- Stool liked chopped grass or spinach.
- “Rotten egg” odour to stool.
- Nausea after coffee or warm drinks.
- Yellow tongue and bilious vomiting.
Teeth / Dental Problems
- Painful and difficult teething that is worse for warmth or pressure (chewing).
- Green diarrhoea with teething.
- Toothache worse for warm food or drink; better for cold drinks.
- Acute or chronic otitis media (middle ear infections) with oversensitivity to pain.
- Ear pain triggered or worsened by wind.
Menstrual (Period) Problems
- Spasmodic, intolerable cramping that may extend to thighs.
- Profuse bleeding with clots.
- Thirsty, restless, and irritable.
- Perspiration of scalp and covered parts.
- One cheek flushed, the other pale.
- Mildly painful conditions cause oversensitivity and irritability.
- Irritability with teething.
Where do I find it?
While above self-limiting or acute complaints are suitable for home treatment, see your healthcare provider if symptoms worsen or fail to improve. Chronic or persistent complaints, which may or may not be mentioned above, require a different treatment and dosage protocol so are best managed by a qualified homeopath for good results.
Dosage Instructions (suitable for babies to adults)
For acute and self-limiting complaints, take one pill or five drops of the remedy every 15 minutes to 4 hours (15 minutes for intense symptoms, 4 hours for milder ones). Once an improvement is noticed, stop dosing and repeat the remedy only if symptoms return. If there is no improvement at all by three doses, choose a different remedy or seek professional guidance. Chronic symptoms or complaints require a course of professional treatment to manage the changes in potencies and remedies that will be required.
If you liked the information on this page you may also enjoy our regular newsletter, full of information, news, discounts, and offers. Subscribe here.
Note: All information we provide and comments we make are from the homeopathic perspective. They are not necessarily endorsed by sectors of some governments, medico-pharmaceutical groups, “skeptic” organisations or those unfamiliar with homeopathy. Comments, references or links posted by others on this page may not reflect the opinion of Homeopathy Plus and so should not be seen as an endorsement or recommendation by Homeopathy Plus. Please see a trusted healthcare practitioner for advice on health problems. Further information about the purpose of our material may be read in our disclaimer.