Common Names: China; Cinchona bark; Peruvian bark; Jesuit’s bark.
China officinalis (Chin.) is a useful remedy for exhaustion, weakness, anaemia, headache, and digestive upsets that arise from loss of body fluids (haemorrhage, diarrhoea, sweat, vomit, etc). Those who need China are sensitive to the cold, and symptoms worsen during foggy, cold, damp weather or Autumn. Complaints feel worse from slight pressure or touch but are relieved by firm pressure, and symptoms return at regular intervals such as the same time each day, or every seven days. China may also be indicated when there’s a family history of malaria.
- Sensitive, excitable, irritable, and moody.
- Feels unfortunate, or as if the world is a hostile place.
- Artistic or love of beauty.
- Unpleasant realities are replaced by fantasies.
- Full of ideas and plans during the evening and night.
- Fear of animals, especially dogs.
Headaches and Migraines
- Bursting headaches that involve the whole head.
- Headache feels better for hard pressure over the painful area.
- Bitter taste in mouth.
- Abdominal rumbling and flatulence.
- Abdominal bloating which is not relieved by belching or flatulence.
- Types of gallbladder disease or colic.
- Fever that comes at regular intervals.
- Sensitive and painful skin during fever.
- Fever from malaria.
- Insomnia from imaginings and excitement.
- Sleep disturbed by slight noises.
- Painful post-operative bloating that is unrelieved by Carbo vegetabilis (Carb-v.).
- Chronic diarrhoea with undigested food.
- Complaints from loss of body fluids.
Where do I find it?
China officinalis (Chin.) is available from our online store as a single remedy, and as part of the following Complex (combination remedy): Convalescence.
While the above self-limiting, acute complaints are suitable for home treatment, see your healthcare provider if symptoms worsen or fail to improve. Chronic or persistent complaints, which may or may not be mentioned above, require a different treatment and dosage protocol so are best managed by a qualified homeopath for good results.
Dosage Instructions (suitable for babies to adults)
Take one pill or five drops of the remedy every 1 to 4 hours (1 hour for intense symptoms, 4 hours for milder ones). Once an improvement is noticed, stop dosing and repeat the remedy only if symptoms return. If there is no improvement at all by three doses, choose a different remedy or seek professional guidance.
If you liked the information on this page you may also enjoy our free weekly newsletter, full of world news on homeopathy. Subscribe to it at: http://mad.ly/signups/46424/join.
Note: All information we provide and comments we make are from the homeopathic perspective. They are not necessarily endorsed by sectors of some governments, medico-pharmaceutical groups, “skeptic” organisations or those unfamiliar with homeopathy. Comments, references or links posted by others on this page may not reflect the opinion of Homeopathy Plus and so should not be seen as an endorsement or recommendation by Homeopathy Plus. Please see a trusted healthcare practitioner for advice on health problems. Further information about the purpose of our material may be read in our disclaimer.