Common Name: Upright virgin’s bower.
The symptoms of Clematis Erecta (Clem.) usually involve in the male urogenital system, teeth, and skin. Symptoms either affect or are worse on the right side of the body.
Glands become hard and painfully swollen while neuralgic (nerve) pain or electric-like shocks are worse at night, especially when lying down or bathing. Pain lessens during perspiration. Clematis erecta is also considered a key remedy for toothache.
- Gloomy and melancholic.
- Fear of being alone but irritable with company.
- Dread of bathing.
- Chronic or frequent conjunctivitis.
- Toothache which worsens at night.
- Toothache worsened by warm drinks but improved when cold water is held in the mouth.
- Toothache better for inhaling cold air over the tooth
Bladder and Urethra
- Has to wait a long time before able to pass urine
- Unable to fully empty bladder.
- Dribbling after passing urine.
- Constriction of the urethra.
- Types of prostatic enlargement.
- Swelling of the inguinal glands and spermatic cord.
- Testicles drawn upwards, into the body.
- Hard, painful, swollen testicle (orchitis), usually the right.
- Pain worsens with the heat of the bed.
- Ailments from suppressed gonorrhoea.
- Burning vesicular (blistered) eruptions.
- Eruptions irritated and worsened by washing or bathing.
- Types of eczema.
Where do I find it?
Clematis Erecta (Clem.) is available from our online store as a single remedy in either pills or liquid.
While above self-limiting or acute complaints are suitable for home treatment, also contact your healthcare provider during emergency situations or if symptoms worsen or fail to improve. Chronic or persistent complaints, which may or may not be mentioned above, require a different treatment and dosage protocol so are best managed by a qualified homeopath for good results.
Dosage Instructions (suitable for babies to adults)
For acute and self-limiting complaints, take one pill or five drops of the remedy every 15 minutes to 4 hours (15 minutes for intense symptoms, 4 hours for milder ones). Once an improvement is noticed, stop dosing and repeat the remedy only if symptoms return. If there is no improvement at all by three doses, choose a different remedy or seek professional guidance. Chronic symptoms or complaints require a course of professional treatment to manage the changes in potencies and remedies that will be required.
If you liked the information on this page you may also enjoy our regular newsletter, full of information, news, discounts, and offers. Subscribe here.