Common Names: Copper.
Cuprum Metallicum (Cupr.) is a remedy for types of epilepsy, and mental-emotional or physical cramping. Emotions may be convulsive or ‘jerky’ while physical cramps, spasms, twitching, and jerking occur with or without seizure disorders. Rigidity from suppressed emotions or impulses occurs. Outbursts, spasms or convulsions break the rigidity and suppression. Cramping of the respiratory system may present as types of asthma or spasmodic cough.
Cuprum is also a significant remedy for the behavioural problems of children when striking, spitting, and headstrong behaviour are present. The child may imitate, engage in antics, or hold their breath. Cuprum symptoms often worsen with touch and hot weather but improve with perspiration and drinking cold water.
- Seriousness with ‘cramped’ emotions. Mental dullness and slowness.
- Extremely closed from rigid control of emotions or symptoms.
- Behavioural problems in children.
- Dislike of touch.
Convulsions / Seizures
- Convulsions after suppression of skin eruptions or foot sweat.
- Convulsions start with bellowing or shrieking.
- Convulsions start in fingers and toes.
- Grimaces, twitching, and unusual movements.
- Blueness of face during convulsion or asthma.
- Move like a pendulum or roll back into head.
- Loss of vision before a convulsion.
Chest and Respiration
- Severe, spasmodic cough. Types of whooping cough.
- Cough relieved by cold drinks.
- Sudden attacks of constricting suffocation.
- Asthma at 3am.
- Gurgling noises while drinking.
- Cramps of muscles, especially fingers, hands and legs.
- Clenching of thumbs and fingers. Thumbs clenched within fists.
- Cramps during sleep or sexual intercourse.
Where do I find it?
While above self-limiting or acute complaints are suitable for home treatment, also contact your healthcare provider during emergency situations or if symptoms worsen or fail to improve. Chronic or persistent complaints, which may or may not be mentioned above, require a different treatment and dosage protocol so are best managed by a qualified homeopath for good results.
Dosage Instructions (suitable for babies to adults)
For acute and self-limiting complaints, take one pill or five drops of the remedy every 5 minutes to 4 hours (5 minutes for intense symptoms, 4 hours for milder ones). Once an improvement is noticed, stop dosing and repeat the remedy only if symptoms return. If there is no improvement at all by three doses, choose a different remedy or seek professional guidance.
If you liked the information on this page you may also enjoy our regular newsletter, full of information, news, discounts, and offers. Subscribe here.
Comments are moderated and may take up to 24 hours to appear.
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.