Common Name: Foxglove; lady’s glove..
Digitalis is used by conventional medicine as chemical Digoxin (Lanoxin) to slow a rapidly beating heart that is in atrial fibrillation. In homeopathy, it’s used in potentised form when the heart is beating too slowly. This is especially so when the enlargement of the prostate, urinary problems, or hepatitis are present with the slow pulse. Those needing Digitalis Purpurea are often fearful of movement because it worsens their physical symptoms or produces palpitations. They may also crave bitter things.
- Remorseful and tearful.
- Anxious that they have done something wrong.
- Sadness which is worsened by music.
- Sadness with sighing, or relieved by sighing.
- Fear of death during heart symptoms.
- Fear that the heart will stop.
- Dreams of falling.
Chest and Cardiovascular
- Slow pulse (bradycardia).
- Strong palpitations with movement.
- Palpitations with depression or grief.
- Enlarged and inflamed prostate gland.
- Frequent urge to urinate at night.
- Blueness of skin – lips, eyelids, tongue, fingernails.
- Sudden waking at night with gasping and fear of suffocation.
Where Do I Find It?
While above self-limiting or acute complaints are suitable for home treatment, see your healthcare provider if symptoms worsen or fail to improve. Chronic or persistent complaints, which may or may not be mentioned above, require a different treatment and dosage protocol so are best managed by a qualified homeopath for good results.
Dosage Instructions (suitable for babies to adults)
For acute and self-limiting complaints, take one pill or five drops of the remedy every 1 to 4 hours (1 hour for intense symptoms, 4 hours for milder ones). Once an improvement is noticed, stop dosing and repeat the remedy only if symptoms return. If there is no improvement at all by three doses, choose a different remedy or seek professional guidance. Chronic symptoms or complaints require a course of professional treatment to manage the changes in potencies and remedies that will be required.
If you liked the information on this page you may also enjoy our regular newsletter, full of information, news, discounts, and offers. Subscribe here.