Common Names: Iris; harlequin blueflag; larger blueflag.
The symptoms of Iris versicolor (Iris.) mostly come from the gastrointestinal and nervous systems. The whole digestive tract may burn – anywhere from the mouth to the anus – and can involve sour, acrid or burning vomit or stool. Right-sided headaches and migraines that are preceded by visual disturbances are also helped by this remedy. Vomiting will not relieve the pain of the migraine and profuse urination may occur after the migraine or headache. The headaches may be triggered by sweets, and milk will worsen indigestion.
- Headaches and migraines – especially on the right side.
- Pain in the right temple or above or below the right eye.
- Migraine with sour and acrid vomiting.
- Visual disturbances and blurring before the headache.
- Headache after eating sweets.
- Headaches or migraines that occur once a week, especially on weekends or Sunday.
Eye and Vision
- Visual disturbances and blurring before a headache.
Gastrointestinal (Digestive) Problems
- Burning through the length of the gastrointestinal tract – from mouth to the anus.
- Sour, bilious and acrid vomiting, especially with a headache or migraine.
- Vomiting with headache or migraine which doesn’t relieve the pain.
- Profuse ropy saliva.
- Shingles (herpes zoster) usually on the right side of the abdomen.
Where do I find it?
Iris versicolor (Iris.) is available from our online store as a single remedy in either pills or liquid and as part of the following Complex (combination remedy): Headache – Migraine.
While above self-limiting or acute complaints are suitable for home treatment see your healthcare provider if symptoms worsen or fail to improve. Chronic or persistent complaints, which may or may not be mentioned above, require a different treatment and dosage protocol so are best managed by a qualified homeopath for good results.
Dosage Instructions (suitable for babies to adults)
For acute and self-limiting complaints, take one pill or five drops of the remedy every 15 minutes to 4 hours (5 minutes for intense symptoms, 4 hours for milder ones). Once an improvement is noticed, stop dosing and repeat the remedy only if symptoms return. If there is no improvement at all by three doses, choose a different remedy or seek professional guidance. Chronic symptoms or complaints require a course of professional treatment to manage the changes in potencies and remedies that will be required.
If you liked the information on this page you may also enjoy our regular newsletter, full of information, news, discounts, and offers. Subscribe here.
Note: All information we provide and comments we make are from the homeopathic perspective. They are not necessarily endorsed by sectors of some governments, medico-pharmaceutical groups, “skeptic” organisations or those unfamiliar with homeopathy. Comments, references or links posted by others on this page may not reflect the opinion of Homeopathy Plus and so should not be seen as an endorsement or recommendation by Homeopathy Plus. Please see a trusted healthcare practitioner for advice on health problems. Further information about the purpose of our material may be read in our disclaimer.