Common Names: Kali-carb; potassium carbonate.
Kalium carbonicum (Kali-c.) is a useful remedy for types of arthritis, asthma, peptic ulcers, sinusitis and respiratory cararrh … when the symptom complexes of each problem match those of Kali-c. Those who need Kali-c. have strong mental control, are sticklers for the rules, dutiful, and moral. They crave sweets and emotions are felt in the solar plexus or abdomen – either like a bruise or blow. They are sensitive to drafts, complain of feeling cold yet sweat heavily, and catch colds after excessive perspiration. The upper eyelids may swell and pains feel needle-like, stitching and piercing. Physical symptoms or insomnia worsen between 2-4am.
- Rigid and conservative. Mind rules the emotions.
- Dogmatic and proper – black or white positions.
- Strong sense of duty.
- Tendency to possessiveness or hoarding.
- Fear of impending disease.
- Talk to themselves.
- Asthma worsens between 2 – 4am.
- Breathing difficulties worsened by lying flat and improved by sitting upright or leaning forward.
- Pneumonia – mostly left-sided but sometime in the right lower lobe.
- Emotions, especially fear or fright, feel like a bruise or a blow in the abdomen.
Joints and Muscles
- Low back pain making it impossible to lie in bed at night.
- Back pain better for firm pressure or rubbing.
- Waking between 2 – 4am.
- Waking 4 hours after falling asleep.
- Inability to fall asleep – for no obvious cause.
- Twitching or jerking on falling asleep
Where do I find it?
Kalium carbonicum (Kali-c.) is available from our online store as a single remedy, and as part of the following Complex (combination remedy): Cramps – Menstrual.
While above self-limiting or acute complaints are suitable for home treatment, see your healthcare provider if symptoms worsen or fail to improve. Chronic or persistent complaints, which may or may not be mentioned above, require a different treatment and dosage protocol so are best managed by a qualified homeopath for good results.
Dosage Instructions (suitable for babies to adults)
For acute and self-limiting complaints, take one pill or five drops of the remedy every 1 to 4 hours (1 hour for intense symptoms, 4 hours for milder ones). Once an improvement is noticed, stop dosing and repeat the remedy only if symptoms return. If there is no improvement at all by three doses, choose a different remedy or seek professional guidance.
If you liked the information on this page you may also enjoy our free weekly newsletter, full of world news on homeopathy. Subscribe to it at: http://mad.ly/signups/46424/join.
Note: All information we provide and comments we make are from the homeopathic perspective. They are not necessarily endorsed by sectors of some governments, medico-pharmaceutical groups, “skeptic” organisations or those unfamiliar with homeopathy. Comments, references or links posted by others on this page may not reflect the opinion of Homeopathy Plus and so should not be seen as an endorsement or recommendation by Homeopathy Plus. Please see a trusted healthcare practitioner for advice on health problems. Further information about the purpose of our material may be read in our disclaimer.