Common Names: Kali-bich; potassium bichromate; potassium dichromate.
Homeopathic Kalium bichromicum (Kali-bi.) is prepared from a common chemical reagent that has many industrial and laboratory applications. In homeopathy, it is used for thick, gluey or ropy discharges from the mucous membranes. The person may have pains in small spots (able to be covered by a thumb) such as those from sinusitis. Arthritic pains may move from joint to joint or alternate with respiratory or gastrointestinal symptoms and ulcers have a ‘punched-out hole’ appearance. Those needing Kali-bi. often feel chilly, gloomy and irritable, and may have a reputation of being ‘long-winded’, conservative and narrow-minded.
- Thick, gluey or ropy nasal discharge.
- Discharge yellow when acute but white and stringy when prolonged.
- Stretchy discharge – hard to break the strand when blowing.
- Crusts inside the nose which leave a raw, sore surface when removed.
- Full and painful sinuses during colds.
- Croupy cough with a dry throat.
- Hoarse voice and sore, bruised chest.
- Sticky and ropy mucus, hard to expectorate.
- Cough worse in morning and after eating.
- Acute or chronic.
- Fullness in sinuses, especially maxillary (below the eyes).
- Pain in small spots or heaviness at the root of the nose.
- Discharging mucus is thick, stringy, or ropy.
- Nasal tone to voice from sinusitis.
- Headache at the same time each day.
- Pain in small spots when mild but extending over whole head when severe.
- Photophobia (light sensitive) during headaches.
- Blurred vision or blindness before headache – sight returns with onset.
Skin and Mucous Membranes
- Deep ulcers with a “punched out” appearance.
- “Wandering” arthritic pain that moves from one joint to another.
- Joint pains that alternate with gastrointestinal or respiratory symptoms.
- Thick, stringy, sticky nasal discharges or during during mastitis.
- Ulcers with a deep, “punched out” appearance.
Where do I find it?
Kalium bichromicum (Kali-bi.) is available from our online store as a single remedy, and as part of the following Complexes (combination remedies): Common Cold – Thick; Mouth Ulcer; Sinus Pain.
While above self-limiting or acute complaints are suitable for home treatment, see your healthcare provider if symptoms worsen or fail to improve. Chronic or persistent complaints, which may or may not be mentioned above, require a different treatment and dosage protocol so are best managed by a qualified homeopath for good results.
Dosage Instructions (suitable for babies to adults)
For acute and self-limiting complaints, take one pill or five drops of the remedy every 30 minutes to 4 hours (30 minutes for intense symptoms, 4 hours for milder ones). Once an improvement is noticed, stop dosing and repeat the remedy only if symptoms return. If there is no improvement at all by three doses, choose a different remedy or seek professional guidance.
If you liked the information on this page you may also enjoy our free weekly newsletter, full of world news on homeopathy. Subscribe to it at: http://mad.ly/signups/46424/join.
Note: All information we provide and comments we make are from the homeopathic perspective. They are not necessarily endorsed by sectors of some governments, medico-pharmaceutical groups, “skeptic” organisations or those unfamiliar with homeopathy. Comments, references or links posted by others on this page may not reflect the opinion of Homeopathy Plus and so should not be seen as an endorsement or recommendation by Homeopathy Plus. Please see a trusted healthcare practitioner for advice on health problems. Further information about the purpose of our material may be read in our disclaimer.