Common Names: Beechwood; wood-tar creosote.
Kreosotum (Kreos.) is an important remedy for menstrual and hormonal disturbances, and excoriating, acrid, offensive discharges that cause swelling and inflammation of the affected area. Many problems occur during teething in infants or in menstrual period when there may be abnormal bleeding. The person needing Kreosotum often feels chilly.
- Sensitive and restless, especially before menses (menstrual period).
- Fear of sex.
- Dreams of rape.
- Dissatisfied, irritable infants and children.
- Premenstrual syndrome – irritability, headache, nausea.
- Headache worse before or during menses.
- Hot, salty, excoriating lachrymation.
- Excoriating nasal discharges.
Mouth and Teeth
- Difficult dentition (teething) – irritability and crying.
- Dentition with acrid diarrhea.
- Rapid or easy or rapid decay of deciduous (infant) teeth.
- Gums spongy, inflamed and painful – bleed or ulcerate easily.
- Offensive odour with decayed teeth or inflamed gums.
- Black spots on teeth.
- Cough provokes yawning.
- Night-time bed-wetting, especially in the first part of the night.
- Offensive and scalding urine.
- Vaginal, cervical and uterine excoriation, inflammation or haemorrhage.
- Putrid, excoriating vaginal discharge with intense itching and swelling of the vulva.
- Menses excoriating and offensive.
- Heavy menses worsened by sexual intercourse.
Where do I find it?
Kreosotum (Kreos.) is available from our online store as a single remedy in either pills or liquid, and as part of the following Complex (combination remedy): Bed-wetting (Enuresis).
While above self-limiting or acute complaints are suitable for home treatment, see your healthcare provider if symptoms worsen or fail to improve. Chronic or persistent complaints, which may or may not be mentioned above, require a different treatment and dosage protocol so are best managed by a qualified homeopath for good results.
Dosage Instructions (suitable for babies to adults)
For acute and self-limiting complaints, take one pill or five drops of the remedy every 1 to 4 hours (once every hour for intense symptoms or once every 4 hours for milder ones). Once an improvement is noticed, stop dosing and repeat the remedy only if symptoms return. If there is no improvement at all by three doses, choose a different remedy or seek professional guidance. Chronic symptoms or complaints require a course of professional treatment to manage the changes in potencies and remedies that will be required.
If you liked the information on this page you may also enjoy our regular newsletter, full of information, news, discounts, and offers. Subscribe here.
Note: All information we provide and comments we make are from the homeopathic perspective. They are not necessarily endorsed by sectors of some governments, medico-pharmaceutical groups, “skeptic” organisations or those unfamiliar with homeopathy. Comments, references or links posted by others on this page may not reflect the opinion of Homeopathy Plus and so should not be seen as an endorsement or recommendation by Homeopathy Plus. Please see a trusted healthcare practitioner for advice on health problems. Further information about the purpose of our material may be read in our disclaimer.