Common Names: Bushmaster snake; surucucu snake.
Lachesis muta (Lach.) is prepared from the venom of the bushmaster snake. Those who need Lachesis experience an inner restlessness and agitation which results in extreme talkativeness, sarcasm, vivid imaginings, and passionate, intense behaviours. They are affected by heat, easily becoming hot. Skin or eruptions may develop a purplish discoloration. Physical complaints arise on the left side of the body and symptoms improve following a discharge, but worsen if discharges are suppressed. They tend to be hypersexual. Mental – emotional and physical symptoms worsen during or after waking from sleep and alcohol may be craved.
- Passionate and inclined to jealousy.
- Suspicious – even to the point of paranoia.
- Very talkative. Sarcastic.
- Aggressive and prone to hatred – seeks revenge.
Headaches and Migraines
- Pulsating or bursting headaches.
- Pain in the top of the head or on the left side.
- Left-sided throat pain or pharyngitis.
- Difficulty in swallowing, especially saliva and other liquids.
- Dislike of high or tight collars, or throat being touched.
Respiratory and Chest Problems
- Asthma following jealousy.
- Palpitations or chest oppression worsened by lying on the left side.
Menstrual and Menopausal Symptoms
- Hormonal disturbances.
- Premenstrual syndrome with irritability, depression, jealousy, and headache.
- Hot flushes at the time of menopause.
- Sleep is impossible on the left side.
- Sudden waking with a feeling of suffocation, especially when first falling asleep.
- Types of sleep apnoea.
- Extreme jealousy.
- Bluish discoloration of bites.
- Hormonal difficulties with heightened sensitivity to heat.
Where do I find it?
Lachesis muta (Lach.) is available from our online store as a single remedy, and as part of the following Complex (combination remedy): Sore Throat.
While above self-limiting or acute complaints are suitable for home treatment, see your healthcare provider if symptoms worsen or fail to improve. Chronic or persistent complaints, which may or may not be mentioned above, require a different treatment and dosage protocol so are best managed by a qualified homeopath for good results.
Dosage Instructions (suitable for babies to adults)
For acute and self-limiting complaints, take one pill or five drops of the remedy every 1 to 4 hours (1 hour for intense symptoms, 4 hours for milder ones). Once an improvement is noticed, stop dosing and repeat the remedy only if symptoms return. If there is no improvement at all by three doses, choose a different remedy or seek professional guidance. Chronic symptoms or complaints require a course of professional treatment to manage the changes in potencies and remedies that will be required.
If you liked the information on this page you may also enjoy our free weekly newsletter, full of world news on homeopathy. Subscribe here.
Note: All information we provide and comments we make are from the homeopathic perspective. They are not necessarily endorsed by sectors of some governments, medico-pharmaceutical groups, “skeptic” organisations or those unfamiliar with homeopathy. Comments, references or links posted by others on this page may not reflect the opinion of Homeopathy Plus and so should not be seen as an endorsement or recommendation by Homeopathy Plus. Please see a trusted healthcare practitioner for advice on health problems. Further information about the purpose of our material may be read in our disclaimer.