Common Names: Common laurel; cherry laurel; English laurel.
Laurocerasus (Laur.) is a remedy for weakness or collapse with lack or reaction and coldness – symptoms typically associated with cardiac (heart) and respiratory disorders.
These disorders may include congestive heart failure and congenital heart diseases such as septal defects (hole in the heart) and transposition (incorrect entry points into the heart for major heart vessels).
The person (or infant) will be cold, sleepy, and hard to rouse. The feeling of coldness is not improved by heat.
Head and Face
- Face pale with blueness of lips.
- Perspiration on the nose.
Heart and Circulation
- Palpitations with a rapid weak pulse.
- Debility and weakness from congenital heart problems such as septal defects and transposition.
- Collapse and coldness associated with cardiac problems.
- Respiratory disorders with collapse and coldness.
- Breathlessness on slight exertion.
- Short, dry spasmodic coughs, especially with cardiac disorders.
- Lingering pneumonia, bronchitis or influenza.
- Cyanosis (blueness) of newborns.
- Episodes of deep or prolonged sleep with stertorous breathing (loud, deep snoring).
Where do I find it?
Laurocerasus (Laur.) is available from our online store as a single remedy in either pills or liquid.
While above self-limiting or acute complaints are suitable for home treatment, also see your healthcare provider during emergency situations or if symptoms worsen or fail to improve. Chronic or persistent complaints, which may or may not be mentioned above, require a different treatment and dosage protocol so are best managed by a qualified homeopath for good results.
Dosage Instructions (suitable for babies to adults)
For acute and self-limiting complaints, take one pill or five drops of the remedy every 1 minute to 4 hours (1 minute for intense or emergency symptoms (plus seek emergency help), 4 hours for milder ones). Once an improvement is noticed, stop dosing and repeat the remedy only if symptoms return. If there is no improvement at all by three doses, choose a different remedy or seek professional guidance. Chronic symptoms or complaints require a course of professional treatment to manage the changes in potencies and remedies that will be required.
If you liked the information on this page you may also enjoy our regular newsletter, full of information, news, discounts, and offers. Subscribe here.