Common Names: Magnesium carbonate; MgCO3; magnesia alba; Magnesite.
Magnesium Carbonicum (Mag-c.) is a remedy for digestive problems, failure to thrive, and an oversensitive nervous system. Fatigue and weakness can be a problem with the whole body feeling tired but especially the legs and feet. ‘Sourness’ runs through many symptoms – emotional temperament and temper, and discharges such as saliva, perspiration, stool, vomit. Milk may disagree and symptoms often worsen at night – restlessness, anxiety, and pains.
Children needing Mag-c can have gastrointestinal disorders and may be diagnosed as ‘failure to thrive’. They have trouble gaining weight and may be slow learning to read and write. Weak muscles with low tone are another common problem.
- Oversensitive, bad tempered or ‘sour’ disposition.
- Anxiety and dread for the future. Anxiety relieved once in bed at night.
- Sensitive to quarrels; peacemaker – wants peace and harmony.
- Forsaken feeling; fear of being deserted; feels unloved by family and friends.
- Gastrointestinal disorders.
- Liver disturbances leading to sourness.
- Greenish diarrhea – frothy, undigested, or like pond scum.
- Desire for meat and aversion to vegetables, or visa versa.
- Tired, heavy feet.
- Menstruation increases at night, or is only at night.
- Menstruation stops during the day or while walking.
- Perspiration with pains.
- Feeling tired and unrefreshed for several hours on waking in the morning.
Where do I find it?
Magnesium Carbonicum (Mag-c.) is available from our online store as a single remedy in either pills or liquid.
While above self-limiting or acute complaints are suitable for home treatment, also contact your healthcare provider during emergency situations or if symptoms worsen or fail to improve. Chronic or persistent complaints, which may or may not be mentioned above, require a different treatment and dosage protocol so are best managed by a qualified homeopath for good results.
Dosage Instructions (suitable for babies to adults)
For acute and self-limiting complaints, take one pill or five drops of the remedy every 1 to 4 hours (1 hour for intense symptoms, 4 hours for milder ones). Once an improvement is noticed, stop dosing and repeat the remedy only if symptoms return. If there is no improvement at all by three doses, choose a different remedy or seek professional guidance. Chronic symptoms or complaints require a course of professional treatment to manage the changes in potencies and remedies that will be required.
If you liked the information on this page you may also enjoy our regular newsletter, full of information, news, discounts, and offers. Subscribe here.
Comments are moderated and may take up to 24 hours to appear.
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.