Common Names: Magnesium chloride; muriate of magnesia.
Those who need Magnesium Muriaticum (Mag-m.) tend to be pacifists who dislike confrontation, quarrelling and aggression. Hidden or suppressed anger may sometimes appear in outbursts or result in bitterness. Physical symptoms usually arise from liver disturbances and digestive upsets which are aggravated by milk especially, but also fats and salt. Firm pressure tends to relieve symptoms while light touch worsens them. Symptoms also worsen at night (anxiety and colic) or for lying on the right side. Those needing this remedy may feel chilly yet want open air and feel better for it.
- Strong sense of responsibility but don’t cope well with the pressure of responsibilities.
- Dislike of any sort of confrontation.
- Dislike aggression in others and themselves.
- Quiet and composed disposition that masks inner emotions and anger.
- Bitter or sour temperament.
- Restlessness and anxiety that worsen on lying down.
- Overwhelming anxiety – especially at night when trying to sleep.
- Tendency to depression.
- Headache in temples – much better for hard pressure.
- Deep furrows on face.
- Old and worn out appearance.
- Difficult teething in infants.
- Indigestion, abdominal pain, or diarrhoea from milk.
- Desire for sweets, vegetables, fruit and light food.
- Liver affected – e.g. hepatitis.
- Types of gallstone colic.
- Anxiety on lying down and closing eyes.
- Prefers to sleep on the left side.
- Unrefreshed on waking.
- Dull, toxic feeling on waking.
Where do I find it?
While above self-limiting or acute complaints are suitable for home treatment, also contact your healthcare provider during emergency situations or if symptoms worsen or fail to improve. Chronic or persistent complaints, which may or may not be mentioned above, require a different treatment and dosage protocol so are best managed by a qualified homeopath for good results.
Dosage Instructions (suitable for babies to adults)
For acute and self-limiting complaints, take one pill or five drops of the remedy every 1 to 4 hours (once every hour for intense symptoms or once every 4 hours for milder ones). Once an improvement is noticed, stop dosing and repeat the remedy only if symptoms return. If there is no improvement at all by three doses, choose a different remedy or seek professional guidance. Chronic symptoms or complaints require a course of professional treatment to manage the changes in potencies and remedies that will be required.
If you liked the information on this page you may also enjoy our regular newsletter, full of information, news, discounts, and offers. Subscribe here.
Comments are moderated and may take up to 24 hours to appear.
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.