Common Names: Mag phos; magnesium phosphate.
Magnesium phosphoricum (Mag-p.) is a useful remedy for types of neuralgia (nerve pain), usually shooting or stabbing in nature, and cramps. Symptoms generally occur on the right side of the body, feel better for hard pressure or rubbing, and are worsened by cold air or bathing.
- Irritable and oversensitive.
Facial and Head Problems
- Right-sided nerve pain that worsens with cold air but improves with firm pressure or warmth.
- Nerve pain in teeth worsened by cold air, compresses or liquids.
- Colic or cramping which is relieved by firm pressure, warmth, rubbing or bending double.
- Dysmenorrhoea (painful periods) which is relieved by warmth and firm pressure.
- Cramps, especially of hands and fingers.
- Writer’s cramp.
- Sciatic pain which is relieved by heat and pressure.
- Colic or cramping pain that improves with rubbing or warmth.
Where do I find it?
Mag phos is available from our online store as a single remedy or Tissue Salt, and as part of the following Complex (combination remedies): Colic.
While above self-limiting or acute complaints are suitable for home treatment, see your healthcare provider if symptoms worsen or fail to improve. Chronic or persistent complaints, which may or may not be mentioned above, require a different treatment and dosage protocol so are best managed by a qualified homeopath for good results.
Dosage Instructions (suitable for babies to adults)
For acute and self-limiting complaints, take one pill or five drops of the remedy every 10 minutes to 2 hours (10 minutes for intense symptoms, 2 hours for milder ones). Once an improvement is noticed, stop dosing and repeat the remedy only if symptoms return. If there is no improvement at all by three doses, choose a different remedy or seek professional guidance.
If you liked the information on this page you may also enjoy our free weekly newsletter, full of world news on homeopathy. Subscribe to it at: http://mad.ly/signups/46424/join.
Note: All information we provide and comments we make are from the homeopathic perspective. They are not necessarily endorsed by sectors of some governments, medico-pharmaceutical groups, “skeptic” organisations or those unfamiliar with homeopathy. Comments, references or links posted by others on this page may not reflect the opinion of Homeopathy Plus and so should not be seen as an endorsement or recommendation by Homeopathy Plus. Please see a trusted healthcare practitioner for advice on health problems. Further information about the purpose of our material may be read in our disclaimer.