Common Names: Medorrhinum; the clap.
Medorrhinum suits those who experience extreme or opposite states and symptoms. They will be either hurried, intense and passionate or lack boundaries, feeling as though everything is unreal. Sometimes these two states will alternate in the one person.
They feel best during the evening, by the sea or bathing in the sea, in open air, or when lying on their abdomen.
A personal or family history of gonorrhoea or early heart disease is common, and discharges often have a fishy smell.
An aversion to eggplant (aubergine) and a strong liking for meat, ice, unripe fruit, or oranges may be present.
Medorrhinum is a significant remedy for behavioural problems in children who engage in aggressive behaviour and have difficulty in falling or staying asleep.
- Opposite states. Passionate and intense or shy and introverted.
- Hurry, anxiety and anticipation. Erratic performance and abilities.
- Thrill seeking – want to experience everything.
- Aggression and violence to the point of cruelty. Cruelty to animals.
- As if in a dream, everything seems unreal. Sensation of inner emptiness.
- Sensation someone is beside them, behind them, or whispering to them.
- Self-centred. Avoid responsibility. Hardness.
- Fear of the dark. Bite fingernails and even toenails.
- Chronic rhinitis and sinusitis. Regular throat clearing.
- Asthma from childhood. Breathing better in the knee-chest position.
Chest and Heart
- Early angina or heart problems.
Urogenital and Pelvic
- Chronic or recurrent infections of pelvis, vagina, bladder, or urethra.
- Early masturbation. Hypersexual with a lack of self-control. Incestuous impulses.
- Sensitivity of soles of feet. Swelling of ankles.
- Burning hands and feet. Uncovers the feet.
- Nappy (diaper) rash – solid and bright red rather than speckled.
- Alert and active at night. Go to bed late. Children wake to play at night.
- Prefer to lie on abdomen or in the knee-chest position.
Where do I find it?
While above self-limiting or acute complaints are suitable for home treatment, also contact your healthcare provider during emergency situations or if symptoms worsen or fail to improve. Chronic or persistent complaints, which may or may not be mentioned above, require a different treatment and dosage protocol so are best managed by a qualified homeopath for good results.
Dosage Instructions (suitable for babies to adults)
For acute and self-limiting complaints, take one pill or five drops of the remedy every 1 to 4 hours (as often as every hour for intense symptoms or once every 4 hours for milder ones). Once an improvement is noticed, stop dosing and repeat the remedy only if symptoms return. If there is no improvement at all by three doses, choose a different remedy or seek professional guidance. Chronic symptoms or complaints require a course of professional treatment to manage the changes in potencies and remedies that will be required.
If you liked the information on this page you may also enjoy our regular newsletter, full of information, news, discounts, and offers. Subscribe here.
Comments are moderated and may take up to 24 hours to appear.
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.