Common Names: Nitric acid; HNO3; Acidum nitricum.
Nitricum Acidum (Nit-ac.) is a remedy for excoriating and offensive excoriating discharges (e.g. stool, urine, perspiration, saliva) and fissures and cracks where mucous membranes join skin, such as the mouth, anus, eyes and nose. Pains are stitching or splinter-like and worsen with cold air, jarring or when touched. The person needing Nit-ac tends to be restless, dissatisfied, sensitive and chilly, crave fat and salt, and constantly worry about their health. They are prone to motion sickness and milk disagrees.
- Dissatisfied, negative and restless.
- Pessimistic and easily depressed.
- Selfish, resentful, bitter, accusing or cursing.
- Bad tempered, especially in mornings.
- Difficult social interactions – may be pleasant at start of relationships but easily irritated.
- Quarrelsome and don’t forgive. Unmoved by apologies and hold a grudge.
- Vindictive and vengeful.
- Anxious about health and fear of death. Hypochondriacal.
- Cracks around the lips, especially the corners of the mouth.
- Anal fissures or warts.
- Haemorrhoids with sticking, splinter-like pains.
- Offensive urine – ‘smells like horse’s urine’.
- Genital warts or herpes.
- Cracks on fingers and in the creases of joints.
- Fissures, cracks, ulcers – especially at the margins of mucous membranes.
Where do I find it?
Nitricum Acidum (Nit-ac.) is available from our online store as a single remedy in either pills or liquid, and as part of the following Complexes (combination remedies): Chilblains; Mouth Ulcers; Sweat (Hand or Foot); Warts.
While above self-limiting or acute complaints are suitable for home treatment, also contact your healthcare provider during emergency situations or if symptoms worsen or fail to improve. Chronic or persistent complaints, which may or may not be mentioned above, require a different treatment and dosage protocol so are best managed by a qualified homeopath for good results.
Dosage Instructions (suitable for babies to adults)
For acute and self-limiting complaints, take one pill or five drops of the remedy every 15 minutes to 4 hours (15 minutes for intense symptoms, 4 hours for milder ones). Once an improvement is noticed, stop dosing and repeat the remedy only if symptoms return. If there is no improvement at all by three doses, choose a different remedy or seek professional guidance. Chronic symptoms or complaints require a course of professional treatment to manage the changes in potencies and remedies that will be required.
If you liked the information on this page you may also enjoy our regular newsletter, full of information, news, discounts, and offers. Subscribe here.