Common Names: Maypop; purple passionflower; wild passion vine.
Within homeopathy, Passiflora Incarnate (Passi.) is used in mother tincture and potencies to relieve types of insomnia, and for its quieting and antispasmodic effect on the nervous system. It’s been clinically useful during types of whooping cough, puerperal fever, morphine withdrawal, and delirium tremens from alcohol withdrawal when spasmodic effects have been present.
- Types of hysteria – especially when accompanied by spasms or convulsions.
- Violent ache in which the top of the head feels as though it will come off.
- The eyes feel pushed out.
- Leaden, dead feeling in the abdomen – after or between meals.
- Flatulence (gassiness) and sour burping or belching.
- Restless and wakeful sleep following exhaustion.
- Sleeplessness of infants, the elderly, or those in weakened states.
- Sleeplessness with restlessness and nervousness.
Where do I find it?
Passiflora Incarnata (Passi.) is available from our online store as a single remedy.
While above self-limiting or acute complaints are suitable for home treatment, also contact your healthcare provider during emergency situations or if symptoms worsen or fail to improve. Chronic or persistent complaints, which may or may not be mentioned above, require a different treatment and dosage protocol so are best managed by a qualified homeopath for good results.
Dosage Instructions (suitable for babies to adults)
For acute and self-limiting complaints, take one pill or five drops of the remedy every 1 to 4 hours (1 hour for intense symptoms, 4 hours for milder ones). Once an improvement is noticed, stop dosing and repeat the remedy only if symptoms return. If there is no improvement at all by three doses, choose a different remedy or seek professional guidance. Chronic symptoms or complaints require a course of professional treatment to manage the changes in potencies and remedies that will be required.
If you liked the information on this page you may also enjoy our regular newsletter, full of information, news, discounts, and offers. Subscribe here.