Common Names: Curly dock; yellow dock.
Rumex crispus is predominantly a remedy for coughs. Those needing it are highly sensitive to cold air with both itchiness and cough triggered by it. Mucous membranes of the nose and throat feel dry, burning or raw while mucous discharges may be profuse.
Ear, Nose, and Throat
- Dry sensation in posterior nose and throat.
- Violent sneezing.
- Thin mucus discharge that gradually toughens into thick, stringy mucus that is hard to expectorate.
- Frequent throat clearing or hawking to remove tough mucus.
- Caused by tickling in the airways.
- From inhaling cold air.
- From a change in temperature (uncovering or upon entering cold air from a warm room).
- Triggered by touching the throat or larynx.
- Worsens when talking or laughing.
- Early morning diarrhea, with or without catarrh.
- Itching on exposure to cold air after undressing.
Where do I find it?
Rumex crispus (Rumx.) is available from our online store as a single remedy in liquids or pills, and as part of the following Complex (combination remedy): Cough (Dry).
Not all the listed symptoms and ailments have to present before the remedy will help but the person’s general state should match that of the remedy. While above self-limiting or acute complaints are suitable for home treatment, see your healthcare provider if symptoms worsen or fail to improve. Chronic or persistent complaints, which may or may not be mentioned above, require a different treatment and dosage regime so are best managed by a qualified homeopath.
Dosage Instructions (suitable for babies to adults)
For acute and self-limiting complaints, take one pill or five drops of the remedy every 1 to 4 hours (1 hour for intense symptoms, 4 hours for milder ones). Once an improvement is noticed, stop dosing and repeat the remedy only if symptoms return. If there is no improvement at all by three doses, choose a different remedy or seek professional guidance.
If you liked the information on this page you may also enjoy our regular newsletter, full of information, news, discounts, and offers. Subscribe here.