Common Names: Pink root; worm grass.
Spigelia Anthelmia (Spig.) is a remedy for nerve-related pain, often on the left side of the body, and especially in nerves related to the heart, face (trigeminal nerve), teeth, and eye. The pains ire stitching, sharp, piercing, or like hot needles, and may be radiating and intense. Symptoms are worsened by motion, touch, jarring, smoke, and during the daytime.
- Fear of pointed objects.
- Severe pain in and around left eye.
- Ciliary neuralgia (cluster headache).
- Facial neuralgia (facial nerve pain).
- Types of trigeminal neuralgia
- Types of glaucoma.
- Types of iritis.
- Worms with left colon infestations.
- Itching and crawling sensations around the anus.
- Angina pectoris (chest pain) worsened by the least motion, deep inspiration, and lying on the left side. Improved by hot drinks.
- Stitching pain around the heart.
- Palpitations that may be violent, audible, or visible.
Where do I find it?
Spigelia Anthelmia (Spig.) is available from our online store as a single remedy in either pills or liquid, and as part of the following Complexes (combination remedies): Headache (Migraine); Trigeminal Neuralgia.
While above self-limiting or acute complaints are suitable for home treatment, see your healthcare provider if symptoms worsen or fail to improve. Chronic or persistent complaints, which may or may not be mentioned above, require a different treatment and dosage protocol so are best managed by a qualified homeopath for good results.
Dosage Instructions (suitable for babies to adults)
For acute and self-limiting complaints, take one pill or five drops of the remedy every 15 minutes to 4 hours (15 minutes for intense symptoms, 4 hours for milder ones). Once an improvement is noticed, stop dosing and repeat the remedy only if symptoms return. If there is no improvement at all by three doses, choose a different remedy or seek professional guidance. Chronic symptoms or complaints require a course of professional treatment to manage the changes in potencies and remedies that will be required.
If you liked the information on this page you may also enjoy our regular newsletter, full of information, news, discounts, and offers. Subscribe here.