Baryta carbonica (Bar-c.) is a well known homeopathic remedy for chronically inflamed tonsils and catarrh – but only when other health problems and overall disposition match those of a Bar-c ‘state’.
Children or adults who need Bar-c. usually have a history of repeatedly inflamed, swollen tonsils. The tonsils are so big that they almost touch each other – to the point of blocking the throat – thus justifying their nickname of ‘kissing tonsils’.
Those needing Bar-c. may also suffer from:
- shyness and lack of self-confidence
- delayed mental development
- short height and slim build
- stunted development of atrophy (shrinking) of body parts such as sexual organs
Bar-c., when appropriately prescribed, reduces anxiety, increase confidence, and improve physical or emotional maturity while taking care of infected tonsils and catarrh – in both children or adults.
But take care – don’t just automatically use it for any sort of tonsil problem. If none of the above symptoms are present, dosing with Bar-c. will do one of two things:
- Nothing at all because Bar-c had no relationship to the symptoms,
- Improve things for a short period only for things to worsen again as it was only a partial match to the symptoms.
In either of these instances, the symptoms of the case should be reassessed and a better matching remedy chosen.
If you liked the information on this page you may also enjoy our regular newsletter, full of information, news, discounts, and offers. Subscribe here.
No Comments »
Comments are moderated and may take up to 24 hours to appear.
No comments yet.
Leave a comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.