Common Names: Indian berry; fish berry; levant nut.
Cocculus Indicus (Cocc.) is a key remedy for motion sickness or complaints following lack of sleep, especially lack of sleep from caring for others. These complaints usually revolve around, dullness or confusion, dizziness, slowness, nausea, headaches, and weakness. Those needing
Cocculus are often empathic, sensitive, serious, and tend to be quiet individuals.
- From looking at moving objects.
- From riding in cars or boats.
- From motion or looking at moving objects.
- With dizziness.
- On rising – has to lie down.
- Worsened by the smell of food.
Vertigo / Dizziness
- From looking at moving objects
- After loss of sleep.
- Things spin in all directions.
- Drunken feeling.
Confusion and Fogginess
- Slowing of reactions.
- Slow to answer questions.
- Weakness of memory for what has just been thought.
Dysmenorrhoea / Painful Periods
- With weakness, dizziness, and cramps.
- Bleeding profuse, early, and dark.
- Sleeplessness from mental or physical exhaustion.
- Sleeplessness from cares and worry about others.
- Travel and motion sickness.
- Dogs may salivate with the nausea but not vomit.
Where do I find it?
Cocculus (Cocc.) is available from our online store as a single remedy and is also included in the following Complexes (combination remedies): Brain Fog; Cramps – Menstrual; Fatigue – Mental; Insomnia from Anxiety or Grief; Motion Sickness; Nausea; Jet-lag.
While above self-limiting or acute complaints are suitable for home treatment, see your healthcare provider if symptoms worsen or fail to improve. Chronic or persistent complaints, which may or may not be mentioned above, require a different treatment and dosage protocol so are best managed by a qualified homeopath for good results.
For acute and self-limiting complaints, take one pill or five drops of the remedy every 1 to 4 hours (1 hour for intense symptoms, 4 hours for milder ones). Babies and children under 12 may be given one to two drops, though an “adult” dose is also acceptable. Once an improvement is noticed, stop dosing and repeat the remedy only if symptoms return. If there is no improvement at all by three doses, choose a different remedy or seek professional guidance. Chronic symptoms or complaints require a course of professional treatment to manage the changes in potencies and remedies that will be required.
If you liked the information on this page you may also enjoy our regular newsletter, full of information, news, discounts, and offers. Subscribe here.