Common Names: Clubmoss; Stag’s horn clubmoss.
Lycopodium Clavatum (Lyc.) is a key remedy for lack of confidence, and types of acute and chronic digestive disorders. Physical symptoms such as eczema and cracked heels tend to be on the right-side of the body, be worst on the right side, or start on the right and before extending to the left. Symptoms worsened by warm rooms and between 4 – 8pm. Those needing Lycopodium often have dry skin or mucus membranes, and crave sweets.
- Egotistical,. Love of power which is used to dominate.
- Lack of self-confidence – feels weak and inadequate so avoids responsibility. Anxious about speaking in public but often does it well.
- Covers up lack of confidence with haughty, boasting, domineering or bullying behaviour. Pleasant, ingratiating behaviour with authority figures.
- Lack of discipline and lack of commitment.
- Irritability on waking in the morning.
- Intellectual pursuits are preferred over energetic sporting activities.
- Nose blocks on lying down at night.
- Bloated and full of gas. Flatulent. Rumbling in the abdomen.
- Symptoms aggravated by flatulent food such as beans, onions, cabbage.
- Heartburn with sour belching. Constipation when travelling.
- Headache or other symptoms from missed meals.
- Preference for warm drinks. Craving for sweets.
- Changeable appetite – appetite either lost or increased by eating.
- Night-time hunger – may wake with hunger.
- Hair graying in patches or streaks, especially on the right side.
- Deep furrows or creases in forehead.
- Dryness of skin and mucous membranes.
- Cracked heels which start or are worse on the right.
- Promiscuity and lack of commitment. Premature ejaculation.
- Impotence with long-term partner but no problem with new partners.
- Waking unrefreshed.
- Waking with hunger.
- Liver problems or digestive disturbances. Bloating and rumbling.
- Anxious and lack of confidence but aggressive to non-dominant animals.
Where do I find it?
Lycopodium Clavatum (Lyc.) is available from our online store as a single remedy, and as part of the following Complexes (combination remedies): Anxiety; Colic; Foot Sweat; Indigestion; Irritable Bowel; Joints – Stiff; Panic Stop; Reflux; Restless Legs; Snore Ease; Sore Throat.
While above self-limiting or acute complaints are suitable for home treatment, also contact your healthcare provider during emergency situations or if symptoms worsen or fail to improve. Chronic or persistent complaints, which may or may not be mentioned above, require a different treatment and dosage protocol so are best managed by a qualified homeopath for good results.
Dosage Instructions (suitable for babies to adults)
For acute and self-limiting complaints, take one pill or five drops of the remedy every 1 to 4 hours (1 hour for intense symptoms, 4 hours for milder ones). Once an improvement is noticed, stop dosing and repeat the remedy only if symptoms return. If there is no improvement at all by three doses, choose a different remedy or seek professional guidance. Chronic symptoms or complaints require a course of professional treatment to manage the changes in potencies and remedies that will be required.
If you liked the information on this page you may also enjoy our regular newsletter, full of information, news, discounts, and offers. Subscribe here.
Comments are moderated and may take up to 24 hours to appear.
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.