Common Names: Phos.
Phosphorus suits those who are open, affectionate, and sympathetic but also prone to being naïve, suggestible, or “spacey”. Children needing Phosphorus may have rapid growth. The senses can be hypersensitive with the person reacting strongly to odours, touch, sounds, and flavours or textures. Sleep – even short naps – relieves symptoms but will also worsen them if the person is sleeping on the left side. Phosphorus treats numbeness and tingling as in multiple sclerosis, easy or prolonged bleeding in which the blood clots slowly, and even debilitation or collapse – but only when other symptoms suit.
- Numerous fears and free-floating anxiety – thunderstorms, that something bad will happen, death, darkness.
- Anxiety feels worse when alone but is relieved by company.
- Fogged feeling – unable to think clearly.
Vertigo and Head Symptoms
- Dizziness with hot head.
- Flushes of heat to the head.
Throat and Respiratory Problems
- Catches colds easily. Head colds descend to the chest.
- Hoarseness or bronchitis during a cold.
- Cough worsened by change in air temperature.
- Pneumonia, especially left-sided, when other symptoms match.
- Goitre of the thyroid gland, with heart palpitations.
- Burning between the scapulae (shoulder blades).
- Weak and empty sensation in abdomen.
- Tendency to hypoglycaemic symptoms when meals are skipped.
- Peptic ulcers – when other symptoms match.
- Hunger during headache.
- High thirst, especially for cold water.
- Easy vomiting as cold drinks warm in the stomach.
- Hands feel hot – sleeps with them outside the bed covers.
- Numbness of fingers.
- Easy or prolonged bleeding from simple wounds.
- Anxious excitable pets.
Where do I find it?
Phosphorus is available from our online store as a single remedy, and as part of the following Complexes (combination remedies): Anxiety; Brain Fog; Cough – Loose; Dandruff; Fatigue – Physical; Headache – Tension; Hoarseness and Aphonia; Radiation Exposure; Snore Ease.
While above self-limiting or acute complaints are suitable for home treatment, also contact your healthcare provider during emergency situations or if symptoms worsen or fail to improve. Chronic or persistent complaints, which may or may not be mentioned above, require a different treatment and dosage protocol so are best managed by a qualified homeopath for good results.
Dosage Instructions (suitable for babies to adults)
For acute and self-limiting complaints, take one pill or five drops of the remedy every 1 to 4 hours (1 hour for intense symptoms, 4 hours for milder ones). Once an improvement is noticed, stop dosing and repeat the remedy only if symptoms return. If there is no improvement at all by three doses, choose a different remedy or seek professional guidance. Chronic symptoms or complaints require a course of professional treatment to manage the changes in potencies and remedies that will be required.
If you liked the information on this page you may also enjoy our regular newsletter, full of information, news, discounts, and offers. Subscribe here.