Common Names: Cevadilla seed.
Sabadilla is a remedy for unusual imaginings, hay fever or other allergies, and worms (not necessarily together). Physical symptoms such as headaches and sore throats start on the left and move to the right side. Symptoms may also appear periodically such as with every new or full moon. The person needing Sabadilla feels chilly, wants warm drinks and may either crave or dislike onions.
- Nervous, timid, sensitive and imaginative.
- Strange and unusual imaginings such as parts of the body are smaller than they should be; parts of the body are deformed when they’re not; they are pregnant when not; they have some sort of disease when they don’t.
- Watering from sensitivity to light.
- Tears with pain.
- Hay fever where the sneezing is the main symptom.
- Hay fever with persistent, abortive, violent or spasmodic sneezing.
- Hay fever from the odour of flowers or newly mown grass.
- Hay fever that involves the sinuses.
- Hay fever that improves in warm rooms but worsens in open air.
- Itching, tingling and tickling – must rub.
- Pain starts on the left side. Relieved by warm drinks.
- Swallowing caused by a sensation of a lump or loose piece of skin.
- Asthma from hay fever.
- Worm infestations.
- Worm infestations that cause twitching or trembling.
- Worm infestations in women that stimulate sexual desire.
- Itching in the anus alternating with itching in nose or ears.
Where do I find it?
While above self-limiting or acute complaints are suitable for home treatment also contact your healthcare provider during emergency situations or if symptoms worsen or fail to improve. Chronic or persistent complaints, which may or may not be mentioned above, require a different treatment and dosage protocol so are best managed by a qualified homeopath for good results.
Dosage Instructions (suitable for babies to adults)
For the home treatment of acute and self-limiting complaints take one pill or five drops of the remedy every 1 minute to 4 hours (1 minute for intense or emergency symptoms (plus seek emergency help), 4 hours for milder ones). Once an improvement is noticed, stop dosing and repeat the remedy only if symptoms return. If there is no improvement at all by three doses, choose a different remedy or seek professional guidance.
Note: Chronic symptoms or complaints require a course of professional treatment by a qualified homeopath to manage the changes in potencies and remedies may be required.
If you liked the information on this page you may also enjoy our regular newsletter, full of information, news, discounts, and offers. Subscribe here.
Comments are moderated and may take up to 24 hours to appear.
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.