Common Names: Sulfur; brimstone.
Those who need Sulphur are typically warm-blooded individuals with a hot face, head, hands or feet. They seek coolness and prefer open doors and fresh air. They are often thought of as “ragged philosophers” because of their theorizing and expansive ideas but lack of attention to appearance. Burning pans are common while discharges and secretions such as sweat, stool, and urine are offensive or excoriating. Sulphur children are energetic, strong, robust, extroverted, and curious.
- Self-centered, opinionated, critical, pedantic, egotistical.
- Imaginative and philosophical. Enjoy debates.
- Full of great ideas – constantly theorizing. May be practical.
- Lazy and messy. Dislike washing or bathing. Not concerned about appearance.
- Anxiety about health matters.
- Fear of heights – even when seeing someone else on a high place.
- Conjunctivitis with the sensation of grit in the eyes.
- Red and burning lid margins.
- Bushy eyebrows.
- Heartburn and indigestion.
- Red lips and red anus. Itching of the anus.
- Smelly, offensive stool. Diarrhoea or soft stool every morning on waking.
- Crave sweets and spices. Dislike eggs, especially soft-boiled.
- Itchy rashes and eruptions. May scratch until bleeding.
- Complaints such as asthma, convulsions, diarrhea or vertigo when eruptions suppressed by steroids.
- Excessive and offensive sweat.
Headaches and Migraines
- Weekend headaches.
- Sleep disturbances. Light sleep – wake to every noise.
- Nightmares when sleeping on the back. Unable to sleep on back.
- Hot, burning feet – must poke them out from under the covers.
- Hot animals with itchy skin eruptions.
- Dislike being washed.
Where do I find it?
Sulphur (Sulph.) is available from our online store as a single remedy, and as part of the following Complexes (combination remedies): Anxiety; Conjunctivitis; Cramps – Muscular; Dandruff; Headache – Tension; Indigestion; Insomnia from Anxiety or Grief; Reflux; Snore Ease.
While above self-limiting or acute complaints are suitable for home treatment, see your healthcare provider if symptoms worsen or fail to improve. Chronic or persistent complaints, which may or may not be mentioned above, require a different treatment and dosage protocol so are best managed by a qualified homeopath for good results.
Dosage Instructions (suitable for babies to adults)
For acute and self-limiting complaints, take one pill or five drops of the remedy every 1 to 4 hours (1 hour for intense symptoms, 4 hours for milder ones). Once an improvement is noticed, stop dosing and repeat the remedy only if symptoms return. If there is no improvement at all by three doses, choose a different remedy or seek professional guidance. Chronic symptoms or complaints require a course of professional treatment to manage the changes in potencies and remedies that will be required.
If you liked the information on this page you may also enjoy our regular newsletter, full of information, news, discounts, and offers. Subscribe here.
Note: All information we provide and comments we make are from the homeopathic perspective. They are not necessarily endorsed by sectors of some governments, medico-pharmaceutical groups, “skeptic” organisations or those unfamiliar with homeopathy. Comments, references or links posted by others on this page may not reflect the opinion of Homeopathy Plus and so should not be seen as an endorsement or recommendation by Homeopathy Plus. Please see a trusted healthcare practitioner for advice on health problems. Further information about the purpose of our material may be read in our disclaimer.